Scottsboro Commercial Trash Pickup Information
Need more information for your business? Contact us online or call the Solid Waste Department at (256)259-5548.
- The City services our commercial customers up to six times per week. We currently have two night routes that operate from 2:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. We also run a route on Saturday morning. Rates vary depending on the size container and how often it needs emptying.
- The trucks operated by the City are approximately 33 feet long and 11 feet wide. With the forks on the front extended to lift a container, it adds another 5 feet to the overall length. The approach to the box must have a minimum 45-foot runway from any obstacle so the trucks can maneuver to empty the box.
- Dumpster enclosures should be sized accordingly to allow employees easy access for disposal as well as access for our trucks. The minimum opening width between posts or gates must be 12 feet. If gates are necessary, they should be built sturdy enough to support their own weight and have a mechanism to allow them to stay open. It is helpful when steel posts or something similar is placed within the enclosure to help prevent the container from being put down against the enclosure wall. Additionally, the largest containers provided by the city are 8 cubic yards and measure approximately 6 feet by 6 feet. The city also has available 4 cubic yard container. Tops are made of plastic and can be flipped up for disposal. The 8 yard containers also have sliding doors on each side that allow access.
- Construction and demolition type material cannot be placed in City containers because it will damage our trucks. We provide roll-off containers in the City of Scottsboro for this type of waste.
Further assistance and additional services.
- If you need further assistance in the construction of your dumpster pad, please contact our office at (256) 259-5548 and a diagram will be provided for your convenience.
- 95 Gallon Cans are provided for a business that is in an area that is serviced by a residential truck. The cost per month will be based on the number of pickups per week. In the event of a City holiday, collection days will change according to holiday schedule listed in the specification for the residential pickup.